Sunday, December 4, 2011

#1 Road to Wilderness



Some of us might have taken a particular road because of what people have told us about it. But, no matter how promising that road is, there will always be that particular point when one can actually feel exhaustion, to the point that he is on the verge of giving up. Some might have chosen to stay on that road, while others have taken a detour and start all over again.

In my case, it came to a point that I got pretty scared of just merely thinking of pursuing a medical career. No, I am not scared that I might not be able to handle it mentally. I was afraid that I might regret this decision and won't be happy for the rest of my life.  I do not know, but it was not really my ambition to become a doctor. Maybe I was just inspired by these two fictional TV characters namely Dr. Gregory House and Dr. Meredith Grey and from that point, I decided to just become one of them!

Silly me.

But then again, I have always believed that success does not completely reflect on how prestigious sounding your job is (aka doctor, lawyer and engineer), it is genuine happiness that really counts. Life is pointless when you are doing the things that you do not like, ending up frustrated as you get older. Doing the things that you like (as long as you are not harming others) will lead you to a happier disposition in life.

Some parents might find it difficult to accept if their child chose the other road.

Let them take the other road.

Because life is too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...